Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 4 continued - late Thursday

I had a new experience: 6 cute paramedic firemen giving me full attention along with a neck brace before strapping me to a gurney and giving me my first ambulance ride. I missed a step and slammed my head in a wall (no, I wasn't drunk). The CAT scan technician said I had an unusually thick skull and my neck was okay too. The doc gave me some pills and told me to have fun on my trip, so I slept soundly from 3 to 11.

I was impressed by the medical staff, but even more impressed and appreciative of the love and concern Bob and Carolyn showed. Sitting in the waiting room was way beyond expectation. It's great to have old friends who stay so close after 40 years.

2 comments:

  1. Glad mom is OK. We knew all along that she had a think skull, now there was a medical test to document it. Hopefully this will be the biggest mishap on your journey - good to get it over with early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelly- Also as a note... I knew it was mom (and hopefully the comment about 6 cute paramedics gave it away to everyone else.) BUT since both of you are typing this, you should mention who is who....

    Glad you are well- mom might have to relax a little more on the beach with Mike & Becky & have a few more Mai Tais this week to recover!

    ReplyDelete